Finding a good reloading press can be a struggle – there are so many to choose from, yet it’s tough to know which ones are the best. Whether you’re new to using presses or you have years of experience, here are the top five best reloading presses that you can purchase.
|RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit||excellent||$$$||Click Here!|
|Lee Precision Breech Lock Challenger Kit||excellent||$||Click Here!|
|Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press||very good||$$||Click Here!|
|Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press||very good||$$$$||Click Here!|
|Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit||excellent||$$||Click Here!|
1. RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit
This reloading kit provides everything that you need in order to get started. With well over a hundred excellent reviews on Amazon, it leaves little doubt in one’s mind regarding quality. The main features of the kit are as follows:
- Reloading beam scale – Although some may argue that a digital scale supersedes a beam scale, this one is described by customers as “top notch” and will provide very accurate readings.
- Reloading manual – The perfect addition for beginners or anybody who hasn’t used this reloading press before. Read up beforehand with this handy how-to guide.
- Good for first-timers – Many people have started off with this kit and progressed onto more complicated reloading presses. Everything you need to get started in a simple and easy way.
- Powder measure, case loading block and hex key set all included.
2. Lee Precision Breech Lock Challenger Kit
Again, this is a great kit for beginners, although many more experienced reloaders have had a lot of fun with this challenger kit. Priced at just over $125, it’s a real bargain if this is the type of kit you’re looking for.
- Lee safety scale – This is a scale which is widely regarded as the most accurate, since it cannot get out of adjustment. It’s extremely sensitive and can be read to 1/20 grain, making it a favourite with hobbyists.
- Auto Prime shell holders – With eleven of the most popular shell holders, this is a nice bonus to the kit.
- Cutter and lock stud – Take care of your cases with the cutter and lock stud which come with this product. With a chamfer tool, lube and different sizes of pocket cleaning tools, there’s everything you need to keep your cases in great condition.
- Budget-friendly – Thanks to the great price, you don’t have to break the bank in order to buy this kit and take up a new hobby.
3. Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press
Lyman is a company which has been around since the end of the 19th century, so there’s no doubt about the quality of their reloading presses. William Lyman first started the business when he recognised problems with the gun sights of his day, and wanted a innovative solution to the issues.
- Stability – This is one of the features that reloaders are constantly looking for in a press, and thankfully, this product offers it. The new turret system provides even more stability than ever before.
- Attractive design – The powder coat finish makes this reloading press look very smart and attractive, so it’s a perfect choice if you want to show off among your friends!
- Flat-machined – You no longer have to worry about the problem of not being able to mount your press onto a bench. The flat base makes it easy and simple for bench mounting.
- Right or left hand – A lot of left-handers have a problem finding a press which feels comfortable, but that issue doesn’t exist with this product, which is suitable for either right or left-handers.
- Other additions include a primer catcher, turret handle and a universal priming arm – all included in the package.
4. Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
Hornady offer not only great customer service, but their products are of a very high standard too. While this press isn’t the best option for a complete novice, previous buyers have stated that those with some reloading experience will certainly not regret buying this piece of equipment.
- User-friendly technology – The technology which allows you to change dies at an extremely fast speed is very user-friendly, so even if you’re not the most experienced reloader, you’ll find this innovative system easy to use.
- Reliable – You can expect nothing short of complete reliability from this reloading press, especially with the new EZject system from Hornady, which ejects the cartridges every time.
- Lock-N-Load features – Switching powders by simply pushing a button is a feature which many of us waited for with anticipation, and this quick and easy method is now available with this press.
- Five-station – You won’t get a progressive press which offers you a quicker changeover than this. The quick-change bushing system works incredibly well, and with a rate of 500 rounds per hour, you really can’t complain.
5. Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit
Another great choice for a beginner, this reloading press kit would make a great gift to a friend (or yourself!). Not only does it look great, but it’s quick too and very easy to use. Among the features of this press kit are:
- Fast and convenient – With rates of 250 rounds per hour, this press is quick and efficient. When you’re loading handgun cartridges, the last thing you need is lack of speed, and this press certainly offers the opposite.
- Powder measure and riser – These items are included in the kit, and will stay clean after use. Customers are very impressed with the powder measure, especially since it is very accurate too.
- Tools – You’ll get everything that you need in order to prepare for loading. With a chamfer tool, lock stud, cutter and pocket cleaners, you can keep everything in great shape while having fun with your new press kit.
There are so many press kits available, and while they might have some of the best reviews on the market, you need to look at which ones will be most suitable for you. If you’re a beginner, don’t try buying something which is too complicated and might put you off, and if you’re trying to upgrade, don’t buy a beginner’s kit – go for a progressive reloading press instead.